First step in the
How does SNOMED CT work? – [SCT7_101]
Discover what SNOMED CT is and how it works, including using browsers and understanding the intended meaning of a concept code. Be prepared for the introduction of this computer based medical terminology system in your work environment.
Why this course
Step 2: Have a look at SNOMED CT and find a code in SNOMED CT and to understand what the code means. Use a SNOMED CT browser. This is the simplest way to understand how SNOMED CT works.
Who should do this course?
- To inform health information system purchasing and staff skills needed
- Understand what SNOMED CT does that existing classifications don’t do
- Understand how SNOMED CT represents meaning in a record and how this impacts clinical users
Data and System designers and implementers and users
- Understand how SNOMED CT represents meaning in a record or message
- Find a code you need to use in a record, message or system
How will I benefit
At completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain how SNOMED CT structures are used to define meaning of a concept
- Use a SNOMED CT browser to find a term
Structure and what to expect
This course should take (on average)
- Course Content 30 minutes
- Exercises and practice 30 minutes
- Assessment 30 minutes
[smartblock id=1391][smartblock id=523][smartblock id=236]