Terminology and the health record or message – which solves which problem?
Introduction to information models and terminology – [SCT7_104]
Any computer system, but particularly an EHR or a document exchange need a structure. This course introduces the information model and how this representation is used in records and uses coded values.
Why this course
Everyone involved in health data and information systems
- informs system design
- informs choice of coded value use
- informs system requirement specification (and thereby purchasing)
- how clinical meaning is represented in systems
At completion of this course you should be able to:
- explain what an information model is and the difference between a model of meaning and a model of information
- explain how coded values are used in an information model
- understand the impact of the information model on your EHR or health system
Structure and what to expect
You will be able to complete this course in around 1.5 hours and have up to 1 month to work through the material. The course is online and there are tutors to answer your questions and provide support.
[smartblock id=1391][smartblock id=523][smartblock id=236]