Implementing a clinical terminology in your information system is a significant task. Understand the benefits and requirements for implementation from a business case decision making perspective.
Making a business case for SNOMED CT – [SCT8_001]
SNOMED CT is the comprehensive terminology for healthcare. Though there are often national licenses for its use, which means access to the terminology is without cost, the requirements for implementing the terminology and the benefits it offers need to be considered when planning its introduction or use.
Why this course
This course is designed to assist decision makers and implementation project managers in understanding the use case for SNOMED CT and the basic requirements needed in software and skills in the organisation.
Who should do this course?
- To inform health information system purchasing and staff skills needed
- Understand what SNOMED CT does that existing classifications don’t do
- Understand how SNOMED CT represents meaning in a record and how this impacts clinical users
Data and System designers and implementers and users
- Understand how SNOMED CT represents meaning in a record or message
- Find a code you need to use in a record, message or system
How will I benefit
At completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain how SNOMED CT structures are used to define meaning of a concept
- Use a SNOMED CT browser to find a term
Structure and what to expect
This course should take (on average)
- Course Content 30 minutes
- Exercises and practice 30 minutes
- Assessment 30 minutes