Why this course
Clinicians of all types, Doctors, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals need new skills to be able to direct and influence the care workflows and data requirements as systems become increasingly computerized. These courses build those skills from a clinical perspective to empower clinician engagement in system implementation, design and management.
How will I benefit
Select the course/s you need to help you with tasks you have been allocated or to build your skills for the future of healthcare.
Structure and what to expect
These courses are on-line with tutor support (you don’t have to work on your own). The skills are introduced through learner’s guides, video presentation/s and practice through exercises. You may take assessment to confirm your skills if you choose to.
Text and Materials Provided
The materials used in these courses include:
- Learner’s guide – which acts as a text and reference as well as a guide on how to move through the course
- Presentation – video presentation
- Exercises – tasks for you to do to make sure you understand and give you experience in the issues covered.
- Answers to the Exercises – answers and discussions are provided to assist your progress and understanding.
- Chat room – you may ask questions and chat with the tutor and with other students
- Webinars – are used in some courses to bring the community together. When these occur they are always taped and made available within the relevant course for you to view after the event. Invitations to webinars are circulated to all current students.
- References – to other sites and documents to assist additional learning.
- Assessment – formal assessment of your skills (similar to the exercises but assessed). This is a timed online assessment process.
Professional development certificates are provided at completion of the course. These are issued by the Global eHealth Collaborative. If assessment is undertaken a Statement of Attainment will be provided indicating the skills achieved.
There are no pre-requesites for these courses, but it is expected that those taking the courses will have experienced of working clinically in the healthcare system.